Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Repair .txt file truncated lines?

RDF25087
8 - Asteroid

Hi all -

My source data is a large .txt file. However, I have noticed there are issues with the format of some of the data, with some lines truncated and the remainder of the line dropping to the line below. The break always appears to be at the same point (after the invoice number) but there doesn't appear to be any logic as to which line gets truncated.

Is there a way I can use Alteryx to repair these lines? Any help gratefully received. I include a sample of the affected .txt input files.

Regards

RDF

5 REPLIES 5
cpapaioannou
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Yes, just configure the Input Data tool > 7. Field Length. Default is 254 but you need to set it to something larger e.g. 999 so that there are no more conversion errors with "truncated records".

RDF25087
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the response. I have already set the field length to 1000000 and it still isn't pulling in correctly.

cpapaioannou
7 - Meteor

Oh yes, I didn't read it carefully and assumed it was the classic one. Check out the attached WF and let me know. Of course according to your full data you may need to make minor adjustments.

RDF25087
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the response. Brill, that seemed to do the trick. What difference does it make changing the Code Page to ANSI - Latin I make?

RDF

cpapaioannou
7 - Meteor

Well, I believe none... I was just testing during input :)

Labels