Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Repair Orders with Operation Codes - Tier Based Counts

Komarev_TMNA
6 - Meteoroid

Attached is a simple example of the raw data I receive. I work at corporate for a major auto manufacturer, and we report on the repair orders for customers that come in for service (oil change, scheduled maintenance, etc).  With an individual repair order, there are operation codes relating to each service completed for the visit.  Think of a grocery store receipt, the receipt has a singular transaction code, and each item you purchased is associated with that transaction code.  The same goes for when your vehicle gets serviced, each action on your car is recorded as an individual item.

There are three specific operation codes that I need to track for this use case.   2 output columns: distinct count of the repair order, and the "highest tier operation code" used.  The codes are related by a tier system, if you get the lowest service package it is "01", but if you get more than "01" is still recorded, yet "02" is added.  If there is only "01" the overall repair order needs to be classified as "01".  This same concept goes up to tier "03".  There could be 15 entries of "01" on a repair order, 4 entries of "02", and one entry of "03".  The distinct repair order would need to be counted as one "03".

Example,

• If a repair order comes through with 13 "01" op-codes and a singular "02" op-code
  • The count needs to be 1 distinct repair order
  • "02" being higher than "01" the second column needs to read "02" as the highest tier

The data set attached has the input and the requested output.  Any help would be appreciated as I have mentally exhausted myself trying to figure out how to solve this seemingly simple problem.

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If I have the right understanding of your problem, you have to identify the "highest" op-code
for each order. I'm ont sure if I "over-simplidied" the problem, but maybe the attached workflow
is a first approach.

Komarev_TMNA
6 - Meteoroid

This worked thank you!  Sometimes you need a separate pair of eyes after staring at it for several hours.

Labels