Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reordering Layers in Report Map

TR
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to get the "Small Water" layer to sit atop my seamless block group theme layer so I can show lakes etc. instead of the misleading seamless polygons. In other mapping software you simply reorder the layers as you wish for them to appear (location points, street lines, county polys, small water, block group theme, etc.).

I've noticed a bug, or maybe it's a lack of functionality. When I attempt to place "Small Water" or "Major Water" layers above my polygon layer it changes the color of my layer, even when there's no water around. Only if I override the style of the water polygons (setting fill to blue with 75% opacity) do they draw properly. I've tried using both TomTom 2015 Q3 and Q1 base map datasets.

Has anyone had this issue and been able to simply move the basemap layers around (out of their layer groups) without having issues?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sorry you are having issues, but thank you for reporting this. I am able to replicate. We will escalate this issue so that it can be fixed in a future release. In the meantime, you have the work-around to style the polygon. Clearly the small water polygon loses it's style when it is moved out of the Base Layers section.

Tara McCoy
TR
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Tara! I've also noticed a change in the symbology for the streets layers, some now drawing using a white symbology instead of a previous gray color. Without knowing the default colors at certain scales it's quite tricky to go in a fix just the one street layer that shows up as white. Just wanted to note that as well. Thanks for the response and your time looking into this and we look forward to a future fix.

Labels