Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rendered report name with date

danielcapp
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I need to create a rendered report with a date stamp in its filename (ex.: file name + DateTimeToday()).

Is this doable?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ramesh_neel
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Hi mate,

Hope the attached workflow helps.! It appends the current date time to the PDF output

Regards,

Ramesh

Alteryx ACE | Sydney Alteryx User Group Lead | SparkED Contributor and Mentor
nerces
8 - Asteroid

For anyone else looking at a similar solution but for multiple reports, please note that while @ramesh_neel's solution works very well in this situation (and should be marked as the solution), it will not work if you're trying to generate multiple reports grouped by a certain category such as product type etc. as it will group them all into the one since you're grouping on date only. The solution to this is to create a new field and append the category + datetimenow() function then group on that in your report generation. See my attached workflow for an example.

ramesh_neel
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

hey thanks for that and guess what this was the first time I ever played around with the reporting tools  !

Alteryx ACE | Sydney Alteryx User Group Lead | SparkED Contributor and Mentor
Labels