Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render two tables into different tabs and separate into different files by company code

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I know how to Render two tables into different tabs into one Excel file.  I can also take one table and use Group By on a specific field to break the data into separate Excel files.  However, I just cannot figure out how to do both at the same time.  I've been playing around with the configurations on the Table tool, Layout tool and Render tool to no avail. 

Table 1

ELPC_0-1646274670603.png

Table 2

ELPC_1-1646274703362.png

How do I obtain two Excel files, each with data for only it's company (one file called Company A and one file called Company B), and each file should have two tabs (Table 1 and Table 2)?  If someone could give me a workflow so I can see the configuration of the tools, that would be great!  I've attached my sample workflow with what I tried but it only outputs the two tables into different tabs.  I can't figure out how to separate into two files by company.  Thanks for the help.  

Solution wanted

"Company A" file should have one tab with: 

ELPC_3-1646275416258.png

and one tab with:

ELPC_4-1646275449048.png

"Company B" file should have one tab with:

ELPC_5-1646275487002.png

and one tab with: 

ELPC_6-1646275511424.png

2 REPLIES 2
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

You just need to group by the company code when creating the tables and when rendering.

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

Ok, nevermind.  I kept playing around with it and finally got the correct combination to give me the tabs and separate files.  

Labels