Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render tools separates a table in different sheets

dd0
5 - Atom

i have one table that's grouped by name when i render  its all in the same sheet

but when i union it with other tables to render in one output they are separated in different sheets 

how can i keep them all in the same sheet?

6 REPLIES 6
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You should add a layout tool and use the option "Vertical Merge Content to Line up Table Columns"

dd0
5 - Atom

This just adds all of my tables in one sheet

i want three sheets. The reporting table tool in question has a text reporting tool after it with "available fields" so its creating multiple tables based on the name i want those tables together and then the rest (two different table reporting tools) in other sheets if that makes sense

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

So use the technique I described above for the tables you want together in one sheet. Then Union (or join multiple) the resultant layout tool with the other table objects followed by another Layout tool.

In this 2nd layout tool, use vertical with section breaks. There is an option at the bottom of the layout tool to pick a name for each section. This name will be the name of the sheet.

dd0
5 - Atom

i did exactly as you said but it seems the second render is overwriting the first one cause theyre still separated 

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Sorry, I wasn't clear. There should only be one Render tool right at the end when everything is in the right format and combined into a single layout object. I've mocked up and example.

Note that in the 1st Layout tool I changed the layout mode to all records combined.

DavidP_0-1597756869504.png

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's an alternative method that is probably better and only uses 1 Layout tool.

You group by Sheet Name in the Layout tool.

DavidP_0-1597758600916.png

Labels