Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render tool output

cireost
8 - Asteroid

Is it possible to choose the location of your output file with the Render tool using an Analytic App?  I basically would like to have the user set the location of where the file is saved as once a basic table is rendered.

6 REPLIES 6
tcroberts
12 - Quasar

You could provide a Text Box when the App is started, and allow the user to paste a path in there. You would connect to the render tool, select "Choose a Specific Output File", and put in a placeholder string, which you'll want to replace. You then connect the Text Box to the lightning bolt anchor at the top of the Render Tool icon, and select the following item in the Value or Attribute to Update Configuration:

Render ->OutputFile

You can check the "replace a specific string" box, and enter your placeholder string there. The text box input will now update the file path of the saved report.

Let me know if this works for you,

Cheers!

cireost
8 - Asteroid

any chance you could provide some screen shots?  also, what would the placeholder string be?

tcroberts
12 - Quasar

Here's a screenshot:

updaterenderlocationwithtext.PNG

The placeholder can be whatever you like. I've set mine to "text.xlsx", and then also set the "Replace a specific string" value to the same placeholder. This will replace "test.xlsx" with the contents of the Text Box.

If you desired, your placeholder could be "banana". You generally want to set it somewhere that you could easily use for debugging the workflow, so perhaps the same directory as the workflow is in.

cireost
8 - Asteroid

works perfectly, thank you!!

mohit9garg
8 - Asteroid

@tcrobertscould you please share this workflow. I also have the same problem.

Many thanks

mohit9garg
8 - Asteroid

@cireost can you please share this batch macro. I also have a same issue.

Labels