Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render tool encounters UTFDataFormatExceptions

StephenF
8 - Asteroid
Error: Render (153): Exception parse error line: 1 column: 40 An exception occurred! Type:UTFDataFormatException, Message:invalid byte 2 (_) of a 2-byte sequence.

I get about 7 of these errors while trying to publish PDFs.

From reading here some people were having a similar error because they were using languages other than english but had a slightly different error(byte 2 (_) of a 3-byte sequence.).

Some people were having luck with a regex workaround(this isn't working for me).

I cant even find the offending cells from this error message.

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @StephenF 

Could you please share a sample of your workflow? At least where this error occurs?

Surely there's something going on with encoding but a deeper analysis might be needed to check for data types, specific characters that might be the issue etc.

Cheers,

StephenF
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I got 7 errors as this was the number of distinct strings in the field i was grouping on.

I just noticed my filename string I was creating use a special character É - this appears to be the source of the error/bug.

So on each file creation it had an error as it can't handle non-english language characters - how annoying.

Ill add this to the requests to fix things here - but this should really have already been documented at least.

Thx,

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@StephenF 

I see. I still think that this is not an issue of Alteryx itself, it has something to do with the Code Page setup you're dealing with. There might be workarounds to solve this.

Cheers,

Labels