Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render tool as output with multiple excel file (multiple file not sheet)

KEPM23
7 - Meteor

Hello Guys,

I am having blocker on how to create a multiple excel file (not sheets) output using render tool (i choose render since i need to format my excel file like the fonts and spacing and bold of the header etc.) the outputfile is xlsx. i tried creating a formula with the File Path "<my folder path>\Output\SOA"+ [Account] + DateTimeFormat(DateTimeNow(),"%m %Y") + ".xlsx|||Sheet1". The number of excel file output will depend on the Account. below is the snippet of my wf, basic table and render tool.

Thanks!sample wf.JPG.

basic table.JPGrender.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @KEPM23 , there is a simple way out for this to work if that is what you are looking for?

1) In formula tool just specify the format of output file you would like as if in your case it is ID+CurrentDateTime.

grazitti_sapna_0-1591078014666.png

2) Set the output path where you want the files to be written and then simply prepend the path column mentioned in the above step.

grazitti_sapna_1-1591078124097.png

Also,sharing my workflow for better understanding.

Sapna Gupta
KEPM23
7 - Meteor

Thanks @grazitti_sapna ! It works!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Welcome @KEPM23 , please mark the post as a solution, to help others for future references.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
VP29
5 - Atom

Hi Sapna, 

I am using the render tool similarly to your example, except that I am going for the  'replace entire path with group' option using the 'Output Location' field.

It works as excepted and multiple files are generated as I want however my problem is that the 'Output Location' field is still remaining in the output excel file as an additional column. Is there a way to get rid of it?

Attached is a basic dummy for illustration.

VP29
5 - Atom

Okay, I figured out for myself, but here is the answer for anyone who is wondering: 

In the basic table tool when you put together your table, you should GROUP BY on the 'Output location' field BUT in the lower part you should deselect it - see pic attached. 

My confusion came from the fact that I thought all fields need to be still selected in order for them to be used.

Labels