Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render to multiple tabs in 1 excel file

Chelseaa
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

My first time using render (i usually use an output tool), but i need to customise the table (eg. highlight certain rows according to a formula etc) so im using a basic table tool then render, however, i need to output the data into multiple tabs in 1 file (when i tried by myself, there is no option to select which tab i want to render to)

in the column " External? ", if it is = external, i want those data in a tab called "External Projects", the rest of the data should be outputted into a tab called "Internal Projects" [all in the same excel file]

Would appreciate some advice on this, thanks alot! 🙂

13 REPLIES 13
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

No problem at all @Chelseaa, glad I could help! It's all good reminders for me too 🙂

Rosh_2788
7 - Meteor

@Jonathan-Sherman can this be extended to apply the same header to all excel tabs. I noticed by header/layout configuration disappears as soon as i  group them by records. 

al_sweets
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Jonathan-Sherman ,

Is there a way of doing this across workflows? 

So the first workflow renders to separate sheets as explained in this thread, but then in a second workflow, I can render new sheets to the same Excel file?

When trying this, it just seems to overwrite the existing Excel file rather than add new sheets?

MohsinKhizer
5 - Atom

Im facing issues in positioning the worksheets. It is automatically placing it with Alphabetical order. Is there a way to place worksheets inside how we want. By Position.

Labels