Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render to multiple tabs in 1 excel file

Chelseaa
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

My first time using render (i usually use an output tool), but i need to customise the table (eg. highlight certain rows according to a formula etc) so im using a basic table tool then render, however, i need to output the data into multiple tabs in 1 file (when i tried by myself, there is no option to select which tab i want to render to)

in the column " External? ", if it is = external, i want those data in a tab called "External Projects", the rest of the data should be outputted into a tab called "Internal Projects" [all in the same excel file]

Would appreciate some advice on this, thanks alot! 🙂

13 REPLIES 13
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

No problem at all @Chelseaa, glad I could help! It's all good reminders for me too 🙂

Rosh_2788
7 - Meteor

@Jonathan-Sherman can this be extended to apply the same header to all excel tabs. I noticed by header/layout configuration disappears as soon as i  group them by records. 

al_sweets
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Jonathan-Sherman ,

Is there a way of doing this across workflows? 

So the first workflow renders to separate sheets as explained in this thread, but then in a second workflow, I can render new sheets to the same Excel file?

When trying this, it just seems to overwrite the existing Excel file rather than add new sheets?

MohsinKhizer
5 - Atom

Im facing issues in positioning the worksheets. It is automatically placing it with Alphabetical order. Is there a way to place worksheets inside how we want. By Position.

Labels