Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render to multiple excel files

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

i have a country based reporting required and the input is below , require the country based output files in different excel sheets, i cannot create multiple table based on country, do i need to create a batch macro

Emp idCountryAmount
1Canada122
2Germany344
23US455
4Italy555
5Argentina344

regards

RJ

12 REPLIES 12
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

In your output data tool, the option down at the bottom will help you in doing this. First, set it up to write it to the Excel file of choice. Then, check the box down at the bottom to Take File/Table Name From Field. Select the column that you would like to use for your Excel tabs. Finally, you need to decide whether or not you want this column in your final output, checking the box if so, or unchecking if not. 

example.png

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Brandon, but am looking for Render tool not output tool since I have formatting requirements 

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx
Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

this looks like i need to have 40+ tables and then formula, do we have any other options.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Raj_2 , if you just want to render the data and output into required format by grouping on the basis of country then try this workflow will create separate excel for each country. I hope it helps

grazitti_sapna_0-1592288574246.png

Sapna Gupta
Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Any idea why am getting this error, it is giving me results, but all truncated records. For Jan as header it is showing only "J"

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Raj_2 ,is it possible for you to share a sample workflow to check this issue?If you cannot share it then try to change the paper size in render tool.Please refer to the screenshot change paper size to custom and then define the size and check if the issue stil persists?

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1592303371165.png

Sapna Gupta
Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Thank you , it kind of sorted, but below is the new issue.

Designer x64 The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended. ¶

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Raj_2 , can you possibly provide a screenshot of your workflow to figure out where this error occurs?

Sapna Gupta
Labels