Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render to Google Sheets?

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

I know there is no option to render to Google Sheets, so what is the accepted approach to get an Alteryx-formatted output into Google Sheets? 

I'm thinking maybe 3rd party tool? Or do I have to go via Excel?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Carluccio555  There is Google Sheet Output Tool, did you try it? 

https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/google-sheets-output-tool

vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

Im trying to output something that is formatted by Alteryx, so I am asking for a render option or something that outputs the formatted report to a gsheet (or a workaround that ends up with the same result.

I multi-join a bunch of tables and then use Layout to line them up horizontally:

Carluccio555_3-1668871662542.png

The red circled browse output looks like this:

Carluccio555_1-1668871425994.png

When I put a Google output after the layout (grey circled in workflow above) I get an error and empty sheet (but the tab is created)

vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

@Carluccio555  When you put data to the Table tool ( or any other Reporting tools) Alteryx creates an object that can not be read by Google sheet. Just click on the output of the  Layout tool to see what I mean. If you want to transfer data in Google Sheets, you need to remove Table tools from your workflow. You need to transform data in the way how you want to see it grouped as tables and connect to Google Sheets. 

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

I do not want to just ouput data.

I want to render an Alteryx-formatted table to Google Sheets

As mentioned in my first post maybe this isn't possible

Therefore my question is: what is the workaround people use? eg do they render to Excel and then upload to gsheets? Do they use another tool?

I reiterate, the goal is not to export output data, it is to render a formatted output to Google Sheets in as simple way as possible, even if that means a workaround

JoshuaB
Alteryx Product Evangelist
Alteryx Product Evangelist

@Carluccio555 I really like this use case. Can you suggest an idea here so we can get the teams looking into this capability more directly instead of having to use a workaround? https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/idb-p/product-ideas 

Joshua Burkhow | Chief Evangelist @ Alteryx | Follow me on LinkedIn and Twitter
Carluccio555
9 - Comet

In the short term what is the solution? Im assuming to render to excel and then convert to google sheets?

Simon254
5 - Atom

Thank you 

Labels