Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render tables in the excel (Output)

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

May i know how can i fix the error below or are there any steps that i had missed out before creating the output (excel).

Jacob_94_0-1616057035702.png

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @SH_94 ,

After your table tool, you have a formula tool that you want to give you the sheet name. That formula tool has to create a new column, but currently you have set it to replace the Table column, which used to contain your table reporting snippet.

Hence, the render tool cannot find any reporting snippet to render. If you change the column name in the formula tool, then you will be able to see that table reporting snippet again and the error will go away.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @AngelosPachis ,

Thank you for the great information.

May i know what should i change on the formula tools? Could you show screenshot or workflow on how to fix this?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

@SH_94  so in your formula tool, you should change the header to something different than Table. I understand that now if you click your formula tool, right above the expression the name says Table, but you can change this to anything else to create a new column in your data

AngelosPachis_0-1616058644666.png

Then to make the render tool work for you, try following this thread here

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Change-Excel-sheet-name-in-file-genera...

Let me know if you have any questions, hope that helps.

Angelos

Labels