Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render excel output with custom paper size on sheets

VEDH
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have just finished my workflow and got stuck in the very end part.

The output is getting saved in a excel file with date in file name and includes 3 sheets.

Sheet 1 and sheet 2 contains data with many columns. However, sheet 3 has only a few columns as it is just an overview of other sheets. The problem here is that the columns in sheet 3 gets expanded to fit 50X50 page size. I do not want columns to be expanded on sheet 3.

Below is a snap of my workflow as how it looks.

image0.jpeg

Since I could not provide the exact workflow, I am attaching a sample workflow which I just created to replicate my actual workflow. Could you please help me solve it.

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @VEDH 

This is happening from your Render tool as you have your Report Style to the following:
Paper size: Custom
Size (in) 50 x 50

Because of these settings, will happen regardless if you are using the render tool as it will apply the custom settings to all of your sheets.

The best workaround I could offer would be to remove the custom page settings you are using. Try Legal Landscape, I attached what this looks like, and the sizing is still stretched to match the page size, but it's legible on a single view from a computer. 

I hope this helps!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
VEDH
8 - Asteroid

Hi @TrevorS,

Thanks for the below. I tried your solution. However, it was reducing the column width of the initial 2 sheets. So, currently, I've added 1 blank column with white colour text and font size of 20.

It looks kind of presentable and I am ok with it. If there is any better approach, please do let me know.

Labels