Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render excel output with custom paper size on sheets

VEDH
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have just finished my workflow and got stuck in the very end part.

The output is getting saved in a excel file with date in file name and includes 3 sheets.

Sheet 1 and sheet 2 contains data with many columns. However, sheet 3 has only a few columns as it is just an overview of other sheets. The problem here is that the columns in sheet 3 gets expanded to fit 50X50 page size. I do not want columns to be expanded on sheet 3.

Below is a snap of my workflow as how it looks.

image0.jpeg

Since I could not provide the exact workflow, I am attaching a sample workflow which I just created to replicate my actual workflow. Could you please help me solve it.

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @VEDH 

This is happening from your Render tool as you have your Report Style to the following:
Paper size: Custom
Size (in) 50 x 50

Because of these settings, will happen regardless if you are using the render tool as it will apply the custom settings to all of your sheets.

The best workaround I could offer would be to remove the custom page settings you are using. Try Legal Landscape, I attached what this looks like, and the sizing is still stretched to match the page size, but it's legible on a single view from a computer. 

I hope this helps!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
VEDH
8 - Asteroid

Hi @TrevorS,

Thanks for the below. I tried your solution. However, it was reducing the column width of the initial 2 sheets. So, currently, I've added 1 blank column with white colour text and font size of 20.

It looks kind of presentable and I am ok with it. If there is any better approach, please do let me know.

Labels