Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render Tool with csv files

rajatjain1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to use render tool to output a csv file. However, it is only allowing me for a excel file. Is there any way out since my  output file has over 10 million records.

5 REPLIES 5
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @rajatjain1 

No, CSV is not an option when using render. You will need to use the standard output tool for CSV.

Why are you using the render tool if you are writing to CSV?

rajatjain1
8 - Asteroid

I am clubbing two reports into one common file. The first tab should have all the records , while the second one just a basic summary. For formatting of the report and to club both the files i used a layout tool but after that if i use the output tool it is not giving me the desired result. 

It is working with render only.

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @rajatjain1 

You can't do multiple sheets and formatting in CSV, thats why XLSX is the only option for the render tool

rajatjain1
8 - Asteroid

Is there any way out to have two reports in one csv file with one report coming in the first tab and the second report into the second?

I can neglect the formatting part as long as i get a final csv file with two tabs

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @rajatjain1 

CSV is only ever 1 tab, that's the whole point of a csv file...it's basic with just text stored in it

Labels