Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render Tool to multiple tabs in excel along with cell referencing

Rijul_Jain
5 - Atom

Hello everyone

I am working on an alteryx workflow wherein I have to output my data into multiple tabs in one excel workbook and there is some information which needs to be populated in one particular cell. 

I am able to fetch the data into multiple tabs but in all the excel tabs data(i.e table) is starting from cell A1. 

So my first question is : Is it possible that these tables start from cell A8 (or from different cells in different tabs)?

and second question is: Can we populate certain value in one particular cell?  foreg: i want the date to get automatically populated into cell A4.

These 2 things are possible from output tool but how do we do this from render tool?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Rijul_Jain 

It is possible to read and write to specific cell positions using the Input and Output tool, but not the Render tool. I've attached at example that shows how to specify the cells in the Output. Here's the example output string I used in the Output tool:

%temp%\Test.xlsx|||'SheetName$D1:D4'

The Render tool is only necessary if you have used other Reporting tools like the Table, Report Text, or Image tools. As long as you are just interested in writing unformatted data (or using the formatting the Excel file already has), then the Output tool will do just fine. 

Labels