Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render Tool to have output as per excel version

ShaileshDevadiga
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I was able to get attached output through render tool but it still need enhancement to look as per the attached "Actual Output required"
Wanted table to have gridded / dotted border
Dark Blue bold underline below title

Main Title at top centre and contact at top right corner
Again bottom table with grid / dotted lines.
Can you please suggest / assist if these can be done through render tool or i have to leverage other tool.

Attached output from render and actual output required.

5 REPLIES 5
johnyli168
Alteryx
Alteryx

Is the output range consistent, e.g. the number of rows and columns the same every time? 

If so, one thing you can consider doing is leveraging the output tool functionality where the source formatting is preserved. See option 6 below.

johnyli168_0-1658468243607.png

ShaileshDevadiga
7 - Meteor

Thanks, but how will i have blue underline below title .

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@ShaileshDevadigausing the strategy provided by @johnyli168 your Excel native formatting options remain - and Alteryx is keeping the specific formatting in the specific Excel cells (assuming there are no formulas in those cells). You would need to have conditional formatting applied or other formatting applied PRIOR to Alteryx writing data on that sheet. In terms of the blue underline - you would create it in Excel. Alteryx would write over the data. The formatting (ie the blue underline) would remain.

ShaileshDevadiga
7 - Meteor

Thank you , I got it, Issue is that 1st 8 row are fixed, post that the number of rows will defer. Hence I was looking 1at 8 row with Main Title, Address and then 15 sub title with bold underline to be constant , which I will create a template in output , post 9th line it needs to extract data from my render tool output. Is it possible

ShaileshDevadiga
7 - Meteor

Sorry, I am still not able to figure out.
Through render tool, I get the data i.e. title with daily booking details and final excel need to be saved daily as per run date.
2nd  row i.e. Main Tile ( Arial , Bold, Size-12),4,5 and 6th Row - Contract, telephone (Aroa; , Bold, 11) with right align and 8th Row with all titles will remain constant with all titles having bold underline, so when i run render tool, i remove header so that i can merge contacts title with underline to it.But these are all not coming when I merge everyone to visual layout.
A)  Can I create a text tool or excel template with main title, address and sub title underline

B) Render tool data without heading

C) Can I merge A and B and get final result with block until done

Labels