Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render Tool - column width on excel files

olimpio
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

i am trying to use the render tool to output data to an excel file however, the column width of the cell get really constricted.

is there any solution to fix the issue.

i have tried adding a table tool prior to the render and tried different combinations on the paper size and table width with no fix.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated 

8 REPLIES 8
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@olimpio 
Can you try to look at these settings?

Capture1E.PNG

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@olimpio Change the Render tool paper size to custom and adjust the size

binuacs_0-1644477964889.png

AlexEntz
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

if the other two answers don't work for you, I recently wrote a macro that autosizes excel columns: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-to-Autosize-columns-in-excel-outpu...

olimpio
8 - Asteroid

Hey, i tried changing the paper size, to custom but it still constricts the columns, is there any changes to be done in the table tool, there are around 200 columns in the output i'm rendering

olimpio
8 - Asteroid

Hi there are 200 columns in the actual output, the one i posted was just to provide a view of what happens to the columns when it renders. on the cell and column padding do i need to anything specific?

olimpio
8 - Asteroid

One point i forgot to mention is , in the workflow the input is a query that runs and returns around 200 + columns.

Questions:

1. Is it because data is being queried the table size shrinks?

2. is there any adjustment in the table or render tool that could help fix this?not sure what im doing wrong.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus
olimpio
8 - Asteroid

hey thanks alot, this helped

i changed the size in field to 500x500 and it works fine now.. i will play around with it but this helps me thanks

Labels