Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render Tool Output Excel Specific Range

cycyg
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx community!!

I've been trying to research how to output an excel with a specific range from the render tool (similar to the output tool).

I tried using same path with |||Sheet1$B6:U37 following the same format as the output tool but I am getting: 
" Render (678) The file "C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\xxxx\output_render.xlsx|||Sheet1$B6:U37" is not a supported format.
If that is not possible to do this, what is the easiest way to create a certain number of empty rows at the beginning of the excel on Alteryx?

Would appreciate your help!! 

2 REPLIES 2
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @cycyg 

If I'm understanding your needs correctly, you are wanting to use the Render Tool to write to an existing Excel file? 

The problem with the Render Tool is that it will always overwrite the file in question. There isn't an option to just write to a specific sheet or range.

cycyg
7 - Meteor

Hi @Maskell_Rascal 
Thanks for your prompt reply! 
I managed to create blank rows to match the range I wanted to output my excel file to. Thanks.
However, I faced a new issue which is that the report tool converts all my data to text; as seen below.

cycyg_0-1623256397140.png

Without using the render tool, the above formulas get converted directly to numerical numbers. But when I use the render tool to color some cells, all numerical values become text and the formulas will not work anymore.

Hope you can help in this case!

Labels