Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render Tool - Manipulate HTML

nbayly
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a way to manipulate the default HTML that Render tool outputs? For example to include in the HTML head section a CSS file or another javascript file? Or is there a default HTML template that I can change that it would then render from? I have tried adding an Action object to the render tool but it doesn't expose the HTML inner code as an updatable field (screenshot below of fields). What would I connect this Action item to as well to input the Value it would update? I tried an Input or Text Input objects but it doesn't connect to the Action object. Thanks in advance.

Workflow:

nbayly_2-1573762772084.png

Render fields that Action exposes:

nbayly_0-1573762629541.png

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would use a Block Until Done to Render the html file, then read that file with a Dynamic Input. You could write the file path once and use it for both writing and reading. When you're done editing the html, an Output tool could rewrite the html file. 

Check out the attached workflow for an example.

nbayly
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Charlie,

Thank you for the help. The example totally nails what I was thinking. But I'm curious as how it would play out if this workflow were running in a Gallery. Would it be able to manipulate the html file on the server side? Would it even refresh after rendering? I assumed that rendering as html would load it as a page when running online. Apologies as I have yet to publish an app so still tinkering. 

gregx
8 - Asteroid

any update on this? 

This is ridiculous that we Alteryx can do such easy thing as passing html from Render to other tools. 

Labels