community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Render, Search, and Input Data

Highlighted
Meteor

I am building a model for a client and I have a few questions. 

1. Is it possible to build a report with 3 tables. I have cleaned and parsed the information from the different files and now I want to create a report on a page displaying 3 different tables. 

2. Is it possible to have a search function within the report where they can research for a specific item and it would show them (Pretty sure its impossible but would love clarification) 

3. Is it possible to upload a PDF and pull a table from there or do I need to use the PDF->txt software and then import my table. 

Alteryx
Alteryx

1. Is it possible to build a report with 3 tables. I have cleaned and parsed the information from the different files and now I want to create a report on a page displaying 3 different tables. 

One method that some will use to accomplish this is outputting your 3 data sets to different sheets in an Excel Workbook and then build their master sheet to create the tables referencing these sheets that have been created. Others have used VBA to accomplish this as well. If you have very specific formatting you would like to achieve, this is probably your best bet. 

2. Is it possible to have a search function within the report where they can research for a specific item and it would show them (Pretty sure its impossible but would love clarification) 

You could also leverage VBA in an Excel workbook to accomplish this. 

3. Is it possible to upload a PDF and pull a table from there or do I need to use the PDF->txt software and then import my table.

Here are two examples of leveraging PDF to Text within Alteryx: 

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/PDF-Input--Text-and-Image-/5be5ec8d0462d71ffce6deaa

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/PDF-Input/5b685aff0462d710907f7a3b

Labels