Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render Output as INPUT for the same workflow

sanketkatoch05
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I am building a workflow wherein I need the output from Render Tool as an input.

My desired output file(.xlsx) should have 4 worksheets. The Render tool gives me 3 of those. 

I want to add one more sheet to it but without creating a table since it is a huge dataset and the Render tool is not able to handle it. 

How should I move forward with it? 

18 REPLIES 18
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @sanketkatoch05 ,

If you're going to immediately input the same data, couldn't you just connect your downstream processes (that happen after you re-input the data) to the tool that feeds into your Render tool?

sanketkatoch05
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @jamielaird , 
Can you explain with an example, please. 

Thanks. 

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @sanketkatoch05 

You can add another sheet to an excel by using the normal output tool. Is there any reason why you must use a render tool to write to Excel?

Dawn

sanketkatoch05
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @DawnDuong

Thanks for replying. 

The reason why I'm using Render tool is because I'm creating multiple pivot-type tables and putting them onto different sheets of the workbook. 

The data that is used to create these tables is the one I want to attach to this workbook as a separate sheet. But this data is huge and cannot simply add it to the same render tool as the previous tables. 

Hence, I'm looking for a different approach.

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @sanketkatoch05 

you can simply write the original data to the same excel file as another sheet. This can be done by connecting the original data to an Output tool, point it to the excel file and specify a name for this tab eg “original data”

dawn 

PedrodeOl
9 - Comet

@sanketkatoch05 ,

You could try combine Block Until Done + Output Tool to do what you want. Otherwise, if you attach a workflow here we could try to improve it.

sanketkatoch05
8 - Asteroid

@DawnDuong & @PedrodeOl 

Found the solution by mixing both of your ideas.

Thank you so much. 
Good day. 

sanketkatoch05
8 - Asteroid

Hi @PedrodeOl & @DawnDuong , 

The workflow ran well only for the first time. While I did the second run, the excel ouput file is showing me :

Alteryx_output_error.PNG

sanketkatoch05
8 - Asteroid

OTM_WF.PNGOutput-Config.PNGRender-Config.PNG

Labels