Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render Multiple Excel Sheets with different sizes

Lauren_Holmes
8 - Asteroid

I have a report that I output to Excel through a Render.

When rendering some of the columns are truncating and losing some of the information. To stop this I have changed the paper size to custom, however I only want one of the sheets on my output to be the custom format, the other two I would like to remain as letter.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Lauren

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Lauren_Holmes 

It is not possible. All sheets will follow the set paper size. One workaround is to add blank columns as padding and get the required table to be displayed in the desired size (I,e sheet is in the paper size, table is padded to display in the required size)

Hope this helps 🙂

Lauren_Holmes
8 - Asteroid

Ah ok, no worries! 

Thank you for letting me know 🙂

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Lauren_Holmes,

Here is an example workflow described by @atcodedog05:

IraWatt_0-1671200370204.png

IraWatt_1-1671200387114.pngIraWatt_2-1671200408368.png

This method I found from this post:

Solved: Can't change column width when Unioning two tables... - Alteryx Community

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @IraWatt 

Surprisingly for some reason, I am getting the padding as a black box when I run your workflow. Any thoughts on that?

atcodedog05_0-1671343760137.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@atcodedog05 that is very weird, the only way I can replicate that is by filling the Report Text tool black. I would guess it would have to be a Alteryx or Excell version issue?

IraWatt_0-1671383124586.png

If you add a browse tool after the report text tool do you have any indication it is black here or here?

IraWatt_1-1671383241282.png

Labels