Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render Multiple Excel Sheets - Different Size

oliver_sayers
6 - Meteoroid

I have a report that I output to Excel through a Render. I have selected A3 for size. I would like one of the sheets to not be A3, I would like it a different size.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Oliver

8 REPLIES 8
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Oliver,

Can you use a block until done and output through 2 render tools? Like below,

Image 001 - 20151128 - 171146.png

Kane

kpmike
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I'm trying to use this solution, but i'm having trouble naming the individual sheets.  I end up just having the second render overwrite the first render file.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @kpmike,

You will need the output file in the 2nd Render Tool to point to a different file.

kpmike
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @KaneG, thanks for the quick reply.  So just to confirm, it's not possible to render two different sized sheets in the same excel file?

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sorry, I misunderstood.

I cannot find a way currently as you can't specify Sheet names directly. the only way to specify sheet names would be through a Layout Tool before the Render with a Grouping Field, however the 2nd Render still overwrites the first File rather than adding another sheet.

I do advise adding your vote with comment to this idea though... https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Render-Tool-Output-Multiple-Tabs-to-One-Excel...

KasiaP
7 - Meteor

Hi, I have the same problem as you describe here.

I am trying to set different page sizes in one excel workbook, but unfortunately with no success.

Did you manage to find any solution?

PoojaSingh88
7 - Meteor

same issue . I need to append tabs using two render tool.However the second render output overwrites the first.

Is there a way around this

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @PoojaSingh88 

Here is one round about way of doing this by adding some white space:

IraWatt_0-1671200370204.png

IraWatt_1-1671200387114.pngIraWatt_2-1671200408368.png

This method I found from this post:

Solved: Can't change column width when Unioning two tables... - Alteryx Community

Labels