Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render - Add date from column and next business date

msve
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a workflow that scraps data from WSJ website. I need help with file naming convention. Workflow has a column called timestamp (this is effective date on the WSJ website) which has the date that needs to be the file name. Also, need help with another Business Date calculation.

File name example - “10-26-20 pub 10-22-20 eff”

• The effective date is date shown on the WSJ site  (in this example 10-22-20)
  • The published date will be the first business day after the effective date (in this example 10-26-20)

5 REPLIES 5
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @msve ,

Can you please explain why the first business day after the effective date is the 26th of October and not the 23rd? Are we looking to get the first business day of the new week?

Thanks,

Angelos

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

So @msve , from reading your question, I understand that you want to dynamically change the filename of your render to show the published date and effective date in the following format

mm-dd-yy pub mm-dd-yy eff

I've mocked up a workflow that I believe does exactly that. If you are looking published date to be the first Monday in the future, just delete the part in the red box and connect the true output anchor of the filter to the join. Else if you want the next business day to be the next day apart from Saturday and Sunday for example, leave it as is.

Screenshot 2020-10-23 170102.jpg

Let me know if that helps

Regards

Angelos

msve
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AngelosPachis ,

Thank you so much for your quick response. This is exactly what I am looking for( next business day to be the next day apart from Saturday and Sunday). Thanks for your help 🙂

Also, I was wondering if its possible to add highlighted information as a header on each page of the document?

Capture.JPG

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

I've attached a workflow that does have some info highlighted. Do you mind having a look at the new workflow?

msve
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AngelosPachis ,

Thank you so much for helping me with this. Thank you for your quick response. This is exactly what I am looking for. Learned something new today 🙂

Labels