Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render (58) The style "bold" for the font Arial is not available. The regular style will

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

I am getting this error from render tool.

Emil_Kos_0-1637946450370.png

I am using text tool to make nice and clean report and this is how it looks in text tool

Emil_Kos_1-1637946500009.png

Emil_Kos_4-1637946626789.png

This is the output from render tool - it isn't bolded. 

Emil_Kos_2-1637946527700.png

and this is what I want to achieve

Emil_Kos_3-1637946544134.png

The last screen is from word document so I believe I have this font installed. It is just bolded arial. 

Any suggestions? I found couple of topics for this problem but I don't think they have been resolved.

4 REPLIES 4
AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Emil_Kos  , there is a similar case here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Render-tool-PDF-bold-an-italic-are-not...

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Emil_Kos 

What type of file are you rendering to?  The attached workflow renders to a pdf and displays correctly.

danilang_1-1638017820085.png

It's also possible(but unlikely) that you don't actually have the arial bold font file on your computer.  To check, open a command prompt, move to c:\windows\fonts and type dir arial*.*.  My computer show this

danilang_0-1638017116742.png

The 4 first files correspond to Arial regular, bold, bold italics and italics.  If you only have the arial.ttf, then the others aren't installed.  Note.  You have to do this in a command window, because Windows applies a special format to the fonts directory in File Explorer and you can never show all font file names 

You can still get a bold effect in programs like Word, without the specific files, the because the Windows font rendering system can use the regular font and simulate bold and italics.  Though I'm not privy to the inner workings of the Alteryx rendering engine, I think it's probably trying to specify the font files to be included in the output document and can't find the arialdb.ttf file.

Dan 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AZuc,

I saw this post, and it wasn't helpful. I would prefer to sort it out myself instead of writing to support.

Hi @danilang,

I am extracting to pdf.

I will check if I have Arial bold installed. I was under the impression that if I could use it in my word document, I would have it installed on my pc. I will check that route on Monday, and I will definitely let you know.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @danilang,

It looks like I have it installed:

Emil_Kos_0-1638177504051.png

I will send an email to support.

Labels