Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rename files using Run Command Tool Just Stopped Working Mid-Session

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

I have a workflow that changes the names of various PDF files in a folder using the Run Command tool.

I have used it countless times successfully over the past few days.   Today is stopped working with the Run Command tool generating the following error: 

Error: Run Command (170): The external program "%temp%\CopyTemplate.bat" returned an error code: 1

My Run Command and rename workflow is a simple adaptation of this Community solution provided by @DavidP.

I am not a PC person.  The .bat file process is alien to me.  I have no clue what happened to cause the workflow to stop running successfully and start generating this error.   (Also, I am an entity of 1 - its my own personnel computer.   And, there were no PC messages that popped up.  I tired shutting down and restarting etc.  No joy).

I have different variations of the workflow to rename different sets of PDFs (with the only difference being the Regex needed to setup the new filename) that all worked -- and all now don't. 

Images = 1) workflow 2) cmd field REN setup and 3) run command tool configuration.

hellyars_0-1650991592237.png

hellyars_1-1650991737910.png

hellyars_2-1650991766910.png

2 REPLIES 2
hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Solved it.  It has been awhile since I used this workflow. 

I made the mistake of modifying the original filename field instead of creating an alternative field.  

Hi, can you share your solution?

Labels