Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rename changing field headers

phil_budden
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow which determines the last three full months and displays parts usage by said months - the output looks something like this:

partID2016_03_012016_04_012016_05_01
partX927866
partY756098

The dates will change every time the workflow is run in a new month.

I want to calculate the average for each part but as the dates are going to change how can I put this into a formula?

I don't need the dates so am quite happy if these can be renamed to something like Month 1, Month 2 and Month 3 and I can then use the formula tool as normal but I can't figure out how to do this.  I've tried using dynamic rename but wasn't sure how to set it up.

Any help appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Had a quick play.

I used a field info tool to get the field names out.

Then assigned a number to all but first column (RecordID)

Finally a dynamic rename to rename.

Sample attached

phil_budden
8 - Asteroid

Thanks James,

I'm away from the computer now but will definatly give this a try

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

It got me out of pulling my hair out against JSON deseialisation and serialisation issues so a nice change!

phil_budden
8 - Asteroid

Smiley Happy

phil_budden
8 - Asteroid

Hi James,

Thanks, this works brilliantly, exactly what I needed Smiley Happy

ColleenH218
8 - Asteroid

I know this is three years after the fact, but this just helped me immensely! Thank you so much!

Dafid
5 - Atom

5 years later - just used this and saved me some time and stress. Thank you!

sgwong
8 - Asteroid

I have anothe similar case and I would like to seek your advice to dynamic rename header.

Input:

Input.jpg

Output:

Output.jpg

Labels