Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rename Measure Names

chc9
7 - Meteor

Hi, I have many data files and a need to rename the measure names starting with F* in my Test Data file to the Measure Short Name in my Metadata file.  Please can you suggest a solution.  Due to the very large size of my data files and since I have many data files, I can't pivot and repivot data easily.  I wonder if a find replace would work?  Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
AlanSchaeffer
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,
I've done a pretty simple macro but i think it does what you want, let me now if it's not the case.
dynamic_rename2.png
Hope this help,
Alan

szade1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @chc9 ,

You can use dynamic rename:

szade1_0-1596099251994.png

Attached the workflow.

Thanks,

S.

chc9
7 - Meteor

Alan,

You are a star!

Thank you so much,

Harry

chc9
7 - Meteor

Alan,

One quick question.  Does the order of my measure names codes have to follow measure name order in my metadata because I can't assume it will be the same.

Thanks

Harry

AlanSchaeffer
6 - Meteoroid

I must say that i've never really used this tool before but after some small test it seems that it will recognize the data and replace with the good one, but I can only advise you to do some test to check this.

Good luck,
Alan 

chc9
7 - Meteor

I tested it and it works when the measure names and schema are in a different order.  Sorted and tomorrow's Friday!

Labels