Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing variables from another dateset

Sammy22
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

i have a main dataset and need to keep only a big list of variables from another input and filter out the rest. below is an example but the real dataset has much more variables so i cannot use a filter function.

Variables to keep
bread
milk
eggs

Main dataset: need to keep only the above but in a dynamic way for over 50 variables.

codeproduct
amilk
bwater
cflour
deggs
etomato
fapple
gbread
5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Sammy22 

You can do this with use of Join tool. Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1632395506043.png

Hope this helps : )

Sammy22
8 - Asteroid

but if i have multiple of the same products in the main dataset will this create duplicates? I can have for example over 10 eggs, milk and bread.

KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

hi @Sammy22 ,

I recommend you to use Find Replace tool.

You can create list of Variable you want to keep as Text Input and "filter" for these values.

KarolinaRoza_0-1632395668038.png

Regards,

Karolina

binay2448
11 - Bolide

Find attached hope this will help..

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Sammy22 

You have a point but wouldnt variable to keep list will have unique occurrences. That way it wont cause duplicates. You can do something like below. Find and replace method suggested by @KarolinaRoza would be another method you can use 🙂.

atcodedog05_0-1632395857476.png

Hope this helps : )

Labels