Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing the User Prompt from Run Commands

myastarling
10 - Fireball

I created a workflow to delete a backup folder and rename an active folder to backup. The only thing is I want to remove the user prompt. I've tried /Q after the rd and that isn't working. does anyone have any suggestions for this?

7 REPLIES 7
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@myastarling,

Instead of "del" have you tried to use "move"?

Below an example

'move "'+[Directory]+'*.*"'+' "'+[Old_Directory]+'\"'

Hope this helps,

Regards

myastarling
10 - Fireball

using the move command will not work because I need the following sequence to happen:

(1) existing Backup Logs folder deleted

(2) Logs folder and all subfolders renamed or moved to Backup Logs folder.

If there are different folders in the existing Backup Logs folder and the Logs folder contents are moved to the Backup Logs folder, the previous contents will not be overwritten. I need the Backup Logs folder to contain exactly the contents from the previous week and no more.

Additionally, the Logs folder will still remain, and this needs to be deleted then.
Either way, a folder and subfolders need to be deleted .

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@myastarling,

I tried with /Q and it's working well:

messi007_0-1633591136788.png

Attached the workflow,

Regards

myastarling
10 - Fireball

that was the issue -- everything I found on the web said to add /Q after the command but neglected to say it needs to go after the entire string (and, of course, didn't provide actual examples) -- this works well -- thanks!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @myastarling 

Solution authors are Happy to help : )

If the solution author's response helps please don't forget to mark it as a solution.

Cheers and have a nice day 🙂

myastarling
10 - Fireball

yup! I agree -- I just got pulled away in a couple meetings and couldn't get back until now.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@myastarling happy to help 🙂

Regards,

Prime.PNG

Labels