Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing span style lines and other things from string column

Voska
8 - Asteroid

Can anyone help me one with this one...  I was trying to do this with regex expressions and it doesn't seem to be working correctly..

I have a column that is basically several sentences with line breaks in between them.  I need to go through this data and remove any span style lines as well as remove any sentence that contains a certain word (CERT).  The things being removed could be anywhere in here.  I think regex could be used for the span lines with an expression like ^(.*)<span(.*)>(.*) and a replacement with $1 $3 but i'm not sure how to do something similar with the CERT replacement?

Thank you.

Example:

<span style=""color: #00b050;"">Reserves:  
 (paragraph)

CERT: do not agree
(another paragraph)

CERT: do not agree
(another paragraph)

Would come out looking like:

Reserves:  
(paragraph)

(another paragraph)

(another paragraph)
3 REPLIES 3
DanS
9 - Comet

"<([^>]*)>|(CERT)" 

That should work for you. 

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

Attached is an example workflow (it removes the rest of the CERT line, and the new line character, and then trims the extra white-space characters:

remove.png

Voska
8 - Asteroid

I was able to find the solution and it was very similar to this.  The only difference is i had to use a nested iif statement and i put the span regex in a different function.. code for iif below:

iif(REGEX_Match([RemoveSpan5],"^CERT(.*)"),REGEX_Replace([RemoveSpan5], "^CERT(.*)", ""), 

iif(REGEX_Match([RemoveSpan5],"^(.*)CERT(.*)"),REGEX_Replace([RemoveSpan5], "^(.*)CERT(.*)", ""), 

iif(REGEX_Match([RemoveSpan5],"^(.*)CERT"),REGEX_Replace([RemoveSpan5], "^(.*)CERT", ""),[RemoveSpan5])))

Added linebreaks to make it easier to read.

Thank you! 

Labels