Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing rows

mxia
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx Community,

I have 3 rows and I want to set row 2 as my column headers instead of the default row 1. Anyone know how to redefine column headers or remove specific rows? I poked around online and tried the Select tool as well as the Mult-Row Formula but couldn't find a good solution. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

I believe what you are looking for is the sample tool to skip the 1st row, followed by the Dynamic Rename Tool to take Headers from the first Row of Data.

Kane

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I believe that Kane is right.  But I also want to point out something special about how you can use Excel to your advantage when reading their data.  If you've ever encountered a worksheet that is treated both as a data source and as a print object, you might be in luck.  If the data has been NAMED (Formulas-Name Manager) or you can do it yourself, then you can instead of reading in SHEET1$ you can read NAME-OF-MY-DATA$.  Alteryx will read that table in and skip both rows and columns as the name manager dictates.

I've come across this before and thought that I would weigh in for my two cents.

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
mxia
5 - Atom

Works perfectly - thank you!

Labels