Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing rows based on multiple criteria

Escaped_Goat
7 - Meteor

Hi

I am trying to create a filter that says if the 18 Digit ID AND the Contact Date are duplicated, then remove the row where Contact Record Type is null

Duplicates.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Try using a Summarize tool to group by 18 Digit ID and Date, with a count of records for each... then Filter for those results that have more than 1 count of records... Join back to your original data, matching by 18 Digit ID and Date... then Filter those results for only those items where [Record Type] is not null. The records from this True branch can get Unioned back to those records that did not Join to your summarized count of duplicated records, which should give you your final filtered list! 

Hope that helps... if illustration is needed, please let me know :)

Cheers!

NJ

kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @Escaped_Goat

I would recommend downloading the Crew macros, if you haven't done so already.

Use the only unique tool from them. You'll then be able to select the 18 digit ID and contract ID field. All the ones where there's a duplication will stream out one input. You can then place a filter tool and grab all records that are not null for record type. These can then be unioned back with the original data stream.

unique filter.PNG

Cheers

Kat

Escaped_Goat
7 - Meteor

Hi Kat

Thank you for the suggestion. I have got the Crew add-on and tried your suggestion and it worked. I just had to add another standard unique filter at the end.

Kind regards

Jo

Labels