Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing "" from entire dataset

rajputakansha
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Is there any way to remove "" from all the records at once? I imported .txt file using \0 delimiter and so the quotes came in as well.

StripQuotes works but I have 100+ fields in my data set. I would have to do it all one by one.

Data Cleansing won't work because I want to keep all other punctuation in my data. 

Please help!

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Blake
12 - Quasar

Use a multi-field formula just like you would a regular formula but point it at "current_field" and select all fields. 

Good luck! 

DiegoParker
10 - Fireball

What about using transpose, strip quotes and then crosstab back?

rajputakansha
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Blake ,

Thanks for your solution.

Can you help me configure the tool?

I haven't used this tool much.

Thanks

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @rajputakansha 

originally i suggested the data cleansing tool, did not see your comment about it. i would suggest what @DiegoParker recommended

Blake
12 - Quasar

Sure, Check out the attached workflow. 

Blake_0-1583169703194.png

rajputakansha
8 - Asteroid

Hi @DiegoParker ,@Bpatel,

Thanks for replying.

I tried that. For some reason, it's not removing all the "" from the column. 

Do you why this is happening or if you have any other solution for the problem?

Thanks

Blake
12 - Quasar

@rajputakansha @bpatel @DiegoParker 

Alteryx is great because we can all solve the same problem in different ways. I think in this case it is best to keep it simple. 

If you look at performance profiling for a problem like this, the crosstab along can take up to 4x longer to run than the multifield formula.

multifield.png

If you want to only remove the quotes from each end of the field, you can use stripquotes([current_field]) in the multirow formula instead of the replace function. 

rajputakansha
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Blake,

This worked like a charm!! 🙂

Labels