Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing only the last set of parentheses

PickleRick
7 - Meteor

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to remove only the last set of parentheses and the text inside them from a paragraph of text and was wondering if you could help me?

Here's an example:

In this extremely (boring) example I need help (trying) to remove only the final set of parentheses (Remove me and the text as well)

Any help would be massively appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @PickleRick ,

if I've understood correctly, you want to remove the last parantheses only, meaning
In this extremely (boring) example I need help (trying) to remove only the final set of parentheses (Remove me)

=>

In this extremely (boring) example I need help (trying) to remove only the final set of parentheses Remove me

This is possible using string functions (ReverseString, ReplaceFirstChar). I've created a sample workflow. Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here's one way. I'm sure there are many more,

PhilipMannering_0-1584710105418.png

ReverseString(ReplaceFirst(ReplaceFirst(ReverseString([Field1]), '(', ''), ')', ''))

PickleRick
7 - Meteor

Hi @RolandSchubert thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry I should have made it more clear, the final parentheses and the text inside as well.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

What about this?

regex_replace([Field1], '(.*)(\(.*\))(.*)', '\1\3')
VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @PickleRick,

What do you think of this: replace regex formula tool: REGEX_Replace([Data], "\([^)]+\)$", "")

VianneyM_0-1584710637960.png

Let me know if that works

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Changed the workflow a bit. What do you think?

PickleRick
7 - Meteor

Thanks for all the great responses! After testing @VianneyM's worked best, thanks so much!

SX
7 - Meteor

It worked well for me. Thank you!

Labels