Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing old data from yxdb

sk1909
8 - Asteroid

I have a yxdb file that has been building for 4 years now.  How do I remove the older data without losing the integrity of the yxdb?  Is there a basic workflow I can create to do this?

I've attached a sample of the yxdb in an excel file.  I only want to keep 2019 and 2020 data that focuses on the LAST_UPDATE_DATE column.

The workflow I have uses yesterday's date and says pull everything after this date so it's just compounding new data to the old yxdb so I'm not worried about that piece.  I just don't want to break anything but I really need to speed up this workflow and this is a HUGE part of it.  If I can reduce the size of the 5 yxdb files, instead of it taking 8-10 hours to run, I can get it done in 3-5 hours.

Thanks to anyone willing to help!

Sheila

6 REPLIES 6
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sk1909,

If I understood correctly you should use a simple filter tool. I would advise creating a backup copy of a file before you will do the operation just to make sure that you are safe.

Hope it helps. 

Emil_Kos_0-1599850108803.png

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

After the filter, you may want to use a Block until Done, then use an Output tool to overwrite the YXDB file.

sk1909
8 - Asteroid

I'm going to try this now.  I've already created a duplicate of the yxdb file to practice on.  Thank you!

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sk1909,

Np. Hope it was helpful 🙂

sk1909
8 - Asteroid

This worked!  I reduced my file size successfully.  I need to reduce it some more though so I'm also dropping 2019 with the same process.  Thank you!

sk1909
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, Chris for the suggestion.  It forced the data to dissect completely before starting the output file.

Labels