Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing duplicates based on multi columns

fomenter
8 - Asteroid

I have a set of records and so would like to remove duplicate ones (based on all 3 columns)

Product NameProduct NameAssignment Number
ABC12SE TA
ABC23SE TA
ABC12SE TA
ABC12SE TB
DS AS11ASAS
DS AS11ASAS
DSAS12ASAS

After removing duplicates

Product NameProduct NameAssignment Number
ABC12SE TA
ABC23SE TA
ABC12SE TB
DS AS11ASAS
DSAS12ASAS
3 REPLIES 3
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Use the Unique tool for this.

You can select whatever fields you want to determine are potential duplicates.

Check the Help, but in general, the "first" record will come through the Unique side and the rest go through the Duplicate side.

fomenter
8 - Asteroid

Unique tool will seperate unique coumns from non unique columns, right?  I want to use it as it is on excel (Remove duplicates function)

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Not sure I understand your followup question, but the best way to understand a tool is to test and play with it. Smiley Wink

I've attached an example workflow with your data so you can see what comes out the two anchors. Based on your original question, it does what you want.

Again, read through the Help article on the Unique tool. You can also go to Help > Sample Workflows > One-tool Examples > Preparation > Unique where there is an example of how to use the tool wtih some use case examples.

Labels