Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Check out our powerful new search update! You can read more here. Please let us know if you have any feedback by creating a topic here.
SOLVED

Removing [Null] rows in output data

Highlighted
Meteor

Hello,

my data ended at  Record # 1084573, but it seems that my output inserted additional blank rows. are there any tools that allows me to remove the blank rows? from  row # 1084574 onwards?

thank you!

Lance

alteryx test.png

Highlighted
Quasar

Hi, as far as I know Alteryx does not have a build-in tool to remove empty rows. But the required results could be achieved by a combination of tools:

Capture1.PNG

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

I would bring in the sample tool at the start of the worflow to filter out anything at the start.  

It could help with performance.  

2018-07-20_08h38_50.png

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

1. You can use sample tool to restrict the no. of rows but if more rows comes then there will be loss of data..so prevent this data loss you can simply filter at one of you key field for not null.

2. And if you still want to restrict the no. of rows you can put "record limit" in input tool configuration itself.

Thanks

Vishwa

Highlighted
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You could use the Filter tool to find records with IsNull([Field]) -- or IsEmpty([Field])...

Highlighted
Asteroid

I tried your approach using a column. however there is a possibility that the column selected for the isnull() or isempty() filter itself is not available in the data reaching there. 

Is there any other approach we can think of ?

Highlighted
Meteor

It is quite interesting that Alteryx does not provide a simple tool to remove empty rows. My best guess is we can use R or Python to achieve this but not sure about the performance.

Asteroid

Hey Guys,

I just had the same issue.

-I was able to complete by using the Filter Function.

-Use the Basic Filter and select !IsEmpty([county]) 

-I was trying to remove rows where the count was Empty.

-Cheers!

Matt

Labels