Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Remove the duplicates having less records

Mahadevaswamyb
7 - Meteor

Capture11.PNG

Hi Dear All,

In the above I have made summary from the different files of the various products using Union anchor and now I wanted to remove the duplicates having the less value.

For Example Product is appeared in the all 4 file however only 4th row has all the values hence I want to remove the first 3

in the same way when I choose product B only 2nd Row have all the data hence I want to remove Row 1&3

Please suggest which anchor to be used or please share if any sample workflow's are available.

regards

Mahadev

3 REPLIES 3
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Mahadevaswamyb 

Here is an approach that works:

Screenshot 2019-05-06 at 11.07.07.png

You might be able to come up with a better approach that uses fewer tools.

Edit: I assumed that you might have a variable number of fields in your actual data so provided a generalised solution, but if you are always going to have just four fields you could achieve this using just a Formula and Filter tool.

-----
If I've solved your problem please consider marking this solution as accepted. Thank you!

Mahadevaswamyb
7 - Meteor

Hi @jamielaird 

Thank you very much for the solution provided and well definitely it exactly works as required only when all the column are having number, but how to get the same result when some of the columns are Alpha-numeric and Alphabetic and Numeric and combination.

Thanks and Regards

Mahadev

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mahadevaswamyb 

Instead of using Sum option of the Summarize Tool in @jamielaird's workflow, use the option "CountNonNull"

Count1.PNG

Cheers,

Labels