Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Remove header rows from dataset in Merging process

namitajuneja
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Team,

While importing multiple sheets of excel from 1 file to create a base table in alteryx ( which is combination of all sheets) ,the Schema remains the same for all tables.

I am getting the header rows multiple times in the my output/Mered table of alteryx.

Can someone suggest me a way to clean up these rows from my final dataset

namitajuneja_0-1662676098400.png

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @namitajuneja 

An easy way is to add a filter tool to filter out all records where Index field = the word "index".

In filter tool, you can from the drop down select Index, Operator: Does not equal and Value will be index. Out of the T side, you should find your dataset, as desired and out of F anchor, you will find all headers to be dropped.

Cheers!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@namitajuneja 
So I guess you choose the "First Row Contains Data" in the input tool.

Can you try to uncheck it?

Capture1.PNG

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hello @namitajuneja , This usually does not happen when you merge the data from different sheets. Please check the configuration of input Tool. If your excel contains data in the first row and no headers then you need to filter out the records explicitly using Filter Tool:

grazitti_sapna_0-1662692122270.png

else you can uncheck the First Row Contains Data option, in this way it will consider all first rows as header of sheets and will not load them as data. It should be:

grazitti_sapna_1-1662692185159.png

Sapna Gupta
Labels