Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Remove columns with more than 1 value

mrbubi001
6 - Meteoroid

Hello 

I have a huge list where i want to remove all of the values that appears more than once. i have tried with the unique tool but i cant remove all the values that appear more than once.

So i want to save all the Z values that only appear once in every x value 

mrbubi001_1-1638518428472.png

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mrbubi001 one approach is to use a join tool with the unique tool as the output from the D anchor are all of your duplicates so you can use a join tool to link all of your duplicates to the remaining data from the D anchor of the unqiue tool to get your truly unqiue data that has no duplicates at all. I mocked up an approach.

mrbubi001
6 - Meteoroid

Hi JosephSerpis

The problem with the solution you have found is it removes the Z values that have another X value. 

mrbubi001_0-1638527431401.png

Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @mrbubi001,

I've attached a sample workflow. I think I understood what you were asking for.

Ben_H_0-1638537813962.png

I concatenated Column X and Z together, then summarised the data by grouping on the concatenated field and counting the distinct Z values.

Filter this to distinct counts of one and join back to the main dataset.

Ben_H_1-1638537979589.png

It gets different results from you excel screenshots but that seems to be because you've used a subset for your demo.

Regards,

Ben

hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

Add a record id column with a record id tool

Uses summarize tool group by column z, count column z, max record id

Use filter tool for count column z = 1

Use join tool to join max record id with column z count = 1 to original table

Use select tool to remove extra columns like record id

Labels