Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Remove Time from Date Time Last of Month

Brook_G
7 - Meteor

Hi!  I have been trying to use the Date Time Last of Month function.  The issue is that I do not need the time on there, but I don't see an option to just use the Last of Month without the time.  I have tried the Date Time Trim function because I'm thinking that might be the key to fixing my issue.  However, I am getting stuck on what to enter for dt, t in that function.  Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Brook_G 

You can just wrap it with todate() similar to the attached screenshot. Hope this helps. Cheers!

christine_assaad_0-1608848058670.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Brook_G 
How about simply change the Data Type to Date?

Capture.PNG

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @Brook_G 

Please try the below and like + mark as an acceptable solution if it works for you.

So, from your use-case, you are likely either:

1. working with Time (E.g., 12:23:30) or

2. working with Date Time as an in-coming Text stream (E.g., 2020-12-25 12:23:30)

Check out the below. You can nest the bottom stream formulas in one formula tool, I just did them separately here for clarity of the treatments.

RobertOdera_0-1608920747495.png

I have attached the workflow for your convenience. Cheers!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Brook_G,

There are multiple ways you can do that:

1) you can use the todate function

grazitti_sapna_0-1609140652674.png

2) You can simply change the data type to date

grazitti_sapna_1-1609140700394.png

3) If the data type of output does not bother you, you can also use substring function.

grazitti_sapna_2-1609140789638.png

I hope it helps.

Sapna Gupta
Brook_G
7 - Meteor

Thank you @christine_assaad

This solution worked perfectly.

Labels