Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Remove Background and manage Data Type on Output

VijaySkyBus
5 - Atom

Hi,

Beginner here....i have 2 issues with formatting when outputiing excel files. i am using the Table Tool and Render Tool here...

1. How do you remove the background colour so its effectivly "No Fill' in excel. i changed to white using Table settings but that is a Solid fill and doesn't allow the gridline to be seen in excel.

2. One of the Fields is a 12 digit ID that needs to remain as a number on output. if i use "double" as data type it output the data with commas in the number (123,456,789). i want to see it as a flat number 123456789 etc. if i use V_String, then data is flat but has a conversion error on the cell in Excel (little green flag on top left of each cell) and i dont want users to have to convert the number.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks

Vijay

1 REPLY 1
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Vijay,

Using the Render Tool, you are essentially rendering an object rather than inserting the data into individual cells, so any borders etc would need to be put on in the Table tool. You can do this by going in to the 'Default Table Settings' menu at the bottom of the Table tool. As for the commas, this is how numbers are formatted using the Render tool. The design is for readability, I can't find any way around this. To output raw numbers, you would need to use the normal output tool.

Kane

Labels