Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Remove Alteryx from Excel File's Meta

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

When outputting or rendering to Excel, Alteryx sets Company to Alteryx in the Excel meta you can read under Info. 

How can you change this to be MyCompany?   How can you output the full meta data?

3 REPLIES 3
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@hellyars,

Can you please explain in more detail or provide screenshots of what you are seeing? Not quite understanding your use case and where you are seeing Alteryx in an Excel output.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@hellyars 
I believe you mean this.
Maybe there is a setting to change it. or you can run Powershell script as below to remove it after output.

Cap1.PNG

Remove-ExcelDocumentInformation.ps1

$path = “c:\fso”
Add-Type -AssemblyName Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel
$xlRemoveDocType = “Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlRemoveDocInfoType” -as [type]
$excelFiles = Get-ChildItem -Path $path -include *.xls, *.xlsx -recurse
$objExcel = New-Object -ComObject excel.application
$objExcel.visible = $false
foreach($wb in $excelFiles)
{
$workbook = $objExcel.workbooks.open($wb.fullname)
“Removing document information from $wb”
$workbook.RemoveDocumentInformation($xlRemoveDocType::xlRDIAll)
$workbook.Save()
$objExcel.Workbooks.close()
}
$objExcel.Quit()

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@Qiu I can't translate the fields on the left, but I think we are talking about the same thing.  Also, Mac user.  So, I'm not familiar with Powershell.  That said, I wonder if this is something that can be added to a workflow (or a stand alone workflow) to run the script??  I recall using a workflow with the Run Command that re-ordered and renamed files based on input fields.  Is that possible?  

Labels