Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removal of E error in text

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

We have several records that contain field data of "30E33" that when uploaded will changes into "3.00E+34".  I need to find a Cleansing Tool that will recognize the error and correct during my workflow.  Please Note: I am not at liberty to change the offending data prior to upload.

Currently I manually change the data for all my reports but would love to find a tool that can help.

Any ideas, warmly welcomed ! 

6 REPLIES 6
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @KSassone ,

Where do you get this data from? Do you have a sample of your dataset for me to check all possibilities?

Do you want to keep the 30E30 as it is, right? To keep as text or to keep as a number 30E30?

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

Hi Fernando,

Sample data attached.  Yes I need to keep the examples as text, and not the automated excel error result.  I know what excel is doing, but I want to clean the data prior to input into my workflow process as I cannot change Location text.

Any help, very much appreciated !

Kindest regards,

Kiri Sassone

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @KSassone ,

I'm attaching a not so elegant cleansing to the problem you're having.

Since I'm not sure if all your rows presents the same problem, I added a statement to leave as null other occurrencies.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for this!  I have come across a version issue as it looks like we are still on an earlier version of Designer. I will need to download the latest version to view your file! 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Hi,

There is no need for that. You can change the workflow format temporarily
to xml and change the first or second line where it says the alteryx
version. You can insert yours or lower. Then change it back to yxmd

Best,
Fernando V.
KSassone
8 - Asteroid

I think this will work - Thank you !!  Will test it out this weekend and reach out again if I need further clarification !

Thank you !!

Labels