Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Regression Analysis

rashi_06
5 - Atom

Hi

Can anyone explain how the regression tool works and how it calculates the different values stated in its output? I want to understand the way the tool takes different columns into consideration so that I can choose the best possible set of predictor variables.

For example - I have changed my categorical columns into binary. How do I now choose the best combination of binary predictor variables?

ProductCategory 1Category 2Category 3Category 4
X1000
Y0100

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @rashi_06 

There is a great set of courses available for free here: https://www.alteryx.com/resources/resource-library/predictive-training

I'd recommend you go through the first two as that should really help answer the questions you have asked an no doubt more that will follow:

OliverW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @rashi_06 !

In addition what Joe says, if its a Regression problem and you are using one of the Regression tools, you can also take a look at the Stepwise tool which helps identifying the best variables for the regression.

Also have a look at the Alteryx Gallery and download the Model Comparison Tool from the Predictive Toolset which will help you compare the different Models, for example the regular Regression with the one done by the Stewise functionality.

Hope this helps in addition to taking a look at the courses.

Best wishes

Oliver

Labels