Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Regional number settings

jvanderpol
7 - Meteor

So being in mainland Europe, working with Office 360,  I use the comma as my decimal point --> pi = 3,14 and not 3.14

I think my Alteryx settings are the same. In- and output with excel via "Input Data" and "Output Data" works like a charm.

However, when copying data from the Alteryx Results dialog (see screen-shot) to Excel, PI suddenly is 314.159.265.358.979

Included a few screen-shots to show what is happening.

Alteryx Screenshot.png

Result Excel.png

8 REPLIES 8
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @jvanderpol ,

Try changing the configuration, putting spaces as thousands separators and keeping commas as decimals separators.

Then you can copy your cell values ​​in the results window with a Ctrl+C and do a Ctrl+V in the excel file as shown below.

Fais nous savoir si ça marche comme tu veux.

Emmanuel_G_1-1657272112692.png

jvanderpol
7 - Meteor

Unfortunately no glory, copy-pasting now indeed leaves a (not-excel number format) when pasting bigger numbers into excel, but my 3,14 is still returning with the 314 trillion or so :(

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jvanderpol - Would you be able to check if the PI field is a Numeric data type?

ArtApa_0-1657329303923.png

soccertil1108
8 - Asteroid

additionally, what is the warning identified by the upper right red triangle in the output grid?

jvanderpol
7 - Meteor

It is a double

jvanderpol
7 - Meteor

Hello soccertil1108

jvanderpol_0-1657348996186.png

soccertil1108
8 - Asteroid

Sorry that all I can offer are suggestions as I am in the US and can't create a complete environment to test. I did notice that in the User Settings dialog there is a information pop-up next to the Thousands Separator and Decimal Symbol labels that say "Applies to all numeric values except data in Results grid". That may explain what's happening. A solution might be to convert the numerics to string so you can cut and paste cleanly?

jvanderpol
7 - Meteor

Guess there is my answer. Would still ope in copy-pasting those it would work. Your solution probably works as well, but then it is probably easier to make an extra output file. Use the results grid for checking/ debugging, so quick references... transforming them to strings to be able to look does not really help then. But appreciate the suggestion / help... solution probably is to change my regional settings for my full computer :(

Labels